Do you know the shortcuts for fabulous skin results in under 60 days?
It’s the time of the year we all do some soul searching about things we’d like to change in our personal life . . . from losing weight, starting an exercise plan or setting about cleaning out our closets for spring.
A lot of us just want to look great by the time summer arrives. Unfortunately, the vast majority of us lose our motivation after a week or so. Well, here are ten simple steps to help you achieve at least one of your goals for spring and summer . . .fabulous, younger-looking skin!
Seventy five percent of our skin is comprised of water and collagen. Our skin is exposed to harsh UVA and UVB radiation resulting in age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. As we age, our bodies produce less and less collagen, leading to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
Simple Steps…Great Results
Most of the time, it takes common sense combined with personal commitment to achieve our goals. Having fabulous skin is one of those common sense habits. So, I’m outlining a basic care routine that will make an amazing difference in your appearance in 30-45 days!
Although I am a 55 year old I look only 43 years, many are surprised when I mention my age, this thanks to daily use Derma Pearls Ageless Moisturizer and apply this tips.
We’re going to begin with basic ‘living well’ habits that aren’t difficult to implement, and will change not only your appearance, but your outlook on life and your overall mental and physical health.
1) Make sure you’re eating a healthy diet including LOTS of fresh fruits and vegetables. Cut out empty calories from soft drinks, heavy desserts and snacks throughout the day. If you need to snack, choose fresh apple slices, a handful of nuts or a small serving of popped corn.
2) Hydrate throughout the day. Keep water in a glass container on your desk or counter so it’s easy for you to have a drink periodically. Many of us are actually dehydrated and that directly affects the health of our skin.
3) Get plenty of rest. Even though you have lots of last minute things to do before you retire for the night, try to get at least 6-8 hours of rest each night. You’ll feel more alert and you’ll accomplish your tasks faster because you’ll have more energy! It’s o.k. to not get everything done. Guess what, we’ll never get everything done, so relax.
4) Get 20-30 minutes of regular exercise each day. Do something as simple as walking or going up and down steps. Use a pedometer to measure your steps. Your goal should be to work up to 10,000 steps each day. It is difficult if you’re sitting at a desk all day, so use your lunch hour to walk for 15-20 minutes. You’ll be amazed how much more energetic you’ll feel.
So far I’ve only mentioned minimal, but necessary, healthy lifestyle habits you can easily incorporate into your daily life: Eating well, drinking lots of water, getting enough rest and incorporating regular exercise into your daily routine.
I also know you’re wondering how any of that will make a difference in helping you develop fabulous skin. You’ll be surprised how much exercise, healthy food and rest will do for your appearance, but I have several more ‘simple steps’ designed to specifically address your skin’s appearance.
5) Start and end each day with a basic skin care routine. Cleanse with a natural, organic cleanser developed for your skin type. Try to avoid using basic bar soap on your face because it will generally strip away your natural oils so critical to a healthy complexion. I like to recommend an oxygen-based toner because it will continue the cleansing action while it infuses your skin with energy.
If you prefer not to use toner, move directly to the serum and/or moisturizer for your final step(s). Seasonal serums are formulated to deal with various weather and climate changes you encounter. Using a Serum for Spring adds supplemental moisture and minerals to your skin, helping your skin recover its smooth texture and begin to glow. You can layer it under your favorite moisturizer – especially for your night regime. I recommend you layer it under a safe, natural organic SPF15 Sunscreen for daytime.
Complete your regime by adding a fabulous anti-aging Serum to tighten and smooth out any fine lines or wrinkles that are beginning to develop while giving your skin an anti-aging treatment as well.
But you can home made by yourself with US$4.99
One of the biggest trends in skin care these days is using at home facial recipes to naturally rejuvenate your skin. Your face is one of the first parts of your body where you’ll notice the signs of aging. And if you don’t take care of your skin properly, you may find that you’re starting to see wrinkles, sagging skin, and other age-related skin problems a little bit earlier than most. Or maybe a lot earlier.
Better Skin for Less Money
By giving yourself facial treatments at home, you can care for your skin with natural ingredients and avoid the harm caused by artificial fillers and chemicals. The result is healthy, younger looking skin, and the best part is that you will save money at the same time. You don’t have to spend all of your hard-earned cash on expensive skin care products. Instead, you can buy inexpensive items at a nearby grocery store and use them in your natural facial recipes.
Don’t Neglect Other Aspects of Your Health
A few things that you’re going to want to keep in mind when you’re getting started on the path to freedom from chemicals is that your overall health is also going to have an effect on your skin’s appearance. Be sure that you’re drinking plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and to flush toxins from your body. You also want to be sure that you’re exercising regularly to promote good blood flow throughout your body. If you are a smoker, you should do everything you can to quit, because smoking has a terrible impact on your skin and is one of the main causes of premature wrinkles. And be sure that you’re on a healthy diet. You might not literally become what you eat, but the evidence will be all over your face!
Ingredients for Your At Home Facial Recipes
Once you are ready to get started on the road to purging chemicals from your skin care routine for good, you will want to think about the ingredients you need for your home facial recipes.
There are lots of great ingredients like milk, avocado, cucumber, carrots, honey, and olive oil that will provide your skin with the nutrients it needs to remain vibrant. If you don’t already have these in the pantry or refrigerator at your home, then they should be pretty easy to find at a store in your area.
There are lots of at home facial recipes that use inexpensive ingredients that are easy to make. You want your recipes to be as convenient as possible, otherwise it will be difficult to use them regularly. And if you are not consistent with your skin care, you will not see the benefits that home facials can provide.
6) Use a natural organic exfoliator to cleanse away dead cells from your face 1 or 2 times per week. It allows new cells to emerge and you will look fresher and more rested.
7) Use a revitalizing eye gel to help tighten delicate skin under your eyes and eliminate bags and dark circles.
8) Evaluate your daily nutrition. Some skin care products are rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and other nutrition. However you may need to add supplemental dietary support like Omega Oils, fiber or daily vitamins to deal with stress, long days, travel or just your daily schedule.
9) Don’t forget to cleanse and moisturize hands frequently. Use an organic hand wash that doesn’t strip your hands of moisture as it cleans. Retain/add moisture with a body butter or lotion. Using personal-sized sanitizers/purifiers made with stabilized oxygen rather than alcohol or triclosan through the day will help you avoid airborne viruses or other pathogens from surfaces you use during the day. I suggest you carry a 1oz. pocket mister in your briefcase or purse so it’s handy – no matter where you are.
10) Have an ‘Attitude of Gratitude’ each day! A positive mental outlook shows up in fewer fine lines, frown lines or wrinkles. In short, you’ll look as good as your attitude demonstrates you feel.
Think of these as 10 steps to a fresher, younger looking ‘YOU’. You’ll find changes will appear in 30 – 45 days if you’ll consistently follow these simple steps in your life.